I am a Certified Microblading Technician with over 10 years experience doing Esthetics and Make up Artistry. Eyebrows have always been an obsession of mine, I love helping people achieve their perfect brow for their face as every one is so unique. I have the highest standards when it comes to hygiene, I work in a clinical environment and use the highest quality pigments and microblades on the market. My clients results are my top priority, I take this honour very seriously as my clients faces are in my hands I often feel as though I care just as much if not more than they do. I encourage people to do their research and check out my work on Instagram @browtownwhis as each artist has their own unique style.
I hope to meet you soon!
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a semi-permanent superficial tattoo of the eyebrow. It is done with feather like strokes to mimic natural hair growth. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years depending on skin type, age and lifestyle. Most people require annual touch ups for the skin to retain the pigment. The procedure is done with a hand held tool with ultra fine needles which is chosen according to your hair type. Each tool and every piece of material used during this procedure is completely disposable. Each stroke or ‘hair’ is etched precisely into the skin depositing a custom mixed pigment suitable to your skin tone.
Microblading can dramatically correct a thin or misshapen brow or simply enhance a natural brow that has lost hair due to illness, aging, scarring or simply from over tweezing.
How much does it cost?
We charge $450 plus tax which includes your first touch up done within 6-10 weeks of your initial treatment.
How long does Microblading take?
The first microblading session is scheduled for 2.5 hours. This allows tour technician to meet with you and have a thorough consultation. You will fill out a medical history form indicating if there are any contraindications for the treatment. Apply numbing cream, then we discuss shape, thickness and colour. Your technician will talk to you about colours and undertones and what that means for you, mix a custom colour and swatch it on your skin for you to see. The entire time you are right there beside her with your mirror giving your input. Next we draw and measure very precisely showing where the brows should start, arch and end. Once you are happy with the shape drawn the magic happens!
Your touch up apt is necessary in completing the procedure and is included in the cost of the initial treatment. This is done between 6-10 weeks after your initial treatment. We book touch ups for 1.5 hours and this allows your technician to go over the area again, redepositing the pigment into the skin and making any changes you wish to make to perfect the shape.
Does it hurt?
We use a topical numbing cream before we start and also use a numbing gel during the procedure which keeps clients very comfortable. Everybody responds differently to anesthetics therefore each individuals experience is different, most people describe the feeling to light cat scratches or tweezing slowly, however there have been some people who even fall asleep!
After the procedure the skin can be red and sore, most clients describe the feeling to a sunburn. You can take Tylenol but not ibuprofen or Asprin.
How long does it take to heal?
Healing times vary but most people average 10 days, while some heal in a week and others can take up to two weeks. The colour after microblading will appear very sharp and dark but will soften and fade about 40% as the healing process concludes. In the following days the eyebrows will start to slightly scab and flake and it is very important not to pick or pull as this can cause loss of implanted pigment. No downtime is required after microblading. After two weeks the colour can look lighter and sometimes blury or ‘milky’, this is normal as the skin on the surface has now healed and the skin below is now healing. It takes about a month for the colour to fully set in and the true colour to be revealed.
Is the touch up necessary?
Yes! A touch up appointment is necessary to complete your new look. Some areas may not have taken as well as others and will need to be refilled. This is also a chance for your technician to make any chances necessary such as pigment colour, thickness, shape. This is most important to allow your skin to retain the pigment until your annual touch up.
How long does it last?
Since Microblading pigments are not implanted as deep as traditional tattoos they will naturally fade over time. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years depending on skin type, age and lifestyle. For example, a younger oily skin will retain less pigment than an older dryer skin. Also sun exposure will always fade microblading so it is important to wear SPF once the area is healed. Products containing AHA, BHA, Glycolic Acid, Retinols or Retin-A or any forms of exfoliants should never be used directly on the treated area. Make sure to always tell your Esthetician, Skin Therapist or Doctor or Nurse if you are having any facials or cosmetic treatments so they know to avoid this area.
To maintain the brows looking fresh a touch up is suggested annually or as needed by the clients preferences. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time however there may always be a slight shadow.
What are the pre and post care procedures?
How well you follow these rules will ultimately determine the healing time, colour retention and the final appearance.
Before your treatment:
- Avoid alcohol or any blood thinners (Asprin/ibuprofen) for 48 hours
- No exfoliating or use of retinols of any kind for 2 weeks prior to your apt.
- no waxing or tweezing for 2 weeks prior to your apt.
- Clients with sunburns, rashes, irritation or broken skin will not be suitable for this treatment.
The following precautions are immediately after your treatment and until you are fully healed ie. 7-14 days.
- Immediately after your treatment you may experience some redness or swelling. This can be managed with soft gel ice packs, keep them in the fridge and place in a clean ziplock bag, place a clean towel over the skin and ice.
- You can take Tylenol but not Ibuprofen or Asprin if you are experiencing any pain or headaches.
- The sealant which we apply to the area has to stay on for 5 hours, after that it must be rinsed off with lukewarm water and coconut oil is then applied.
- You will rinse the area morning and night with lukewarm water and a disposable cotton round. Wiping gently you may see some pigment, dried blood and/or lymph fluid, this is all normal.
- follow with coconut oil applied with a clean Q-tip each time, a very small amount is needed to create a light veil over the skin so that the skin can still breathe and heal. You will do this morning and night and could even add an afternoon if you feel tight, dry or itchy as you heal.
- When showering or bathing make sure the water isn’t directly streaming in your face and you do not get any soap or shampoo on the area.
- Use a clean pillow case and take precautions with any white sheets or towels as some pigment may rub off.
- Do not swim in lakes or oceans or pools, no hot tubs, saunas, facials, waxing, tweezing,
- Absolutely no products of any kind on the area, no soaps, cleansers, creams, gels whatsoever as this can distort the colour of your brows.
- No make up on the area until healed.
- if you have pets or animals or small children make sure they are not licking/touching the area.
- Make sure you and anyone around you isn’t touching the area.
- No sun exposure, wear a hat in the sun but make sure it is not touching or rubbing the area. Absolutely no tanning beds.
- The skin may feel itchy as it heals, please refrain from scratching or picking any flaking or scabbing as this can cause loss of implanted pigment.
- No facials or exfoliants or chemical peels for at least two weeks.
- No waxing or tweezing for at least two weeks.
Who is not suitable for Microblading?
- Hemophelia or bleeding disorders
- Accutane – must wait one year
- Heart conditions or heart medications
- Diabetes – will need doctors note
- Skin diseases or irritations
- Have had Botox in the last two weeks
- Have gotten a sunburn or deep tan in the last two weeks
- Have had a chemical peel in the last two weeks
- Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine or epinephrine
- Anyone who has a serious medical condition will require a physicians note
- Auto-immune disorders such as LUPUS or MS
*We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone we deem not suitable for this procedure for any other reason.
Have more questions or want to book an appointment? Get in touch!